Here’s an update on our favorite little 18 month old, Andrew!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a commission, at no extra
cost to you. I only support brands that I truly love, and all opinions are my own.
Weight: 13.1 kg // 29 lbs
Height: 83 cm // 32 in
No new teeth since 12 months
6 countries visited! Austria was added to the list.
He’s still obsessed with fruit and apple sauce and really likes veggie soup. He recently realized that he doesn’t like Brussel sprouts and started to pick out some vegetables to throw on the floor. Good for fine motor skills, bad for nutrition. I think he’s getting a little less messy now, although you probably wouldn’t believe it if you ate with us!
- Dancing and jumping around!
- All things music! Playing his own guitar, watching someone else play music, he’s an equal opportunity music lover.
- Interactive sound books, especially his Peppa Pig Noise book and his V-Tech Musical Song book
- Running everywhere, which is now more of a run and less of a waddle!
- Shredding paper
- He’s starting to hold a paintbrush but still tries to eat the paint.
- Consistently sleeping through the night! Yay!
- Hums and sings all the time. His current favorites are Happy Birthday to You and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Plays hard and likes to wrestle, laughing the whole time.
- First time playing in the snow! We had a week of pretty heavy snowfall, and the kids had lots of snow play time at daycare.
- He started talking a little and can even say his name. We think he’ll be talking very soon! It’s a mixture of French and English phrases right now, so I’m curious which language will be dominant.
- We finally bought him his own little chair! He really enjoys sitting in it to read or eat a snack.
- His guitar! He wants to play on it all. the. time. You can find a similar one here on Amazon.
- His Xylophone. This normally comes out to play with the guitar.
- All of the kids his age seem to love pulling around animals on a string. Fun?
- He really enjoys the Montessori style toys where he can sort objects.
- His rocking horse. He learned how to get on and off on his own!
- He still loves playing basketball and started making jump shots.
- Suddenly he has an attachment to his “lovey” Roo. My sweet cousin gave him a stuffed animal kangaroo mom and baby set when he was younger. Now he looks for it when he gets tired, and it’s really soothing for him.
This age is such a blast! Can’t wait to see what changes over the next few months!
What are your favorite activities to do with your toddler? I’d love to hear about your ideas in the comments!
Thank you so much to Nicolas Hartzer for the incredible pictures! You can see more of his work on his website and can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a session.