I loved taking monthly pictures of Andrew, and I was sad to not have regular updates after he was a year old. So I decided now that he’s over a year to do updates every 3 months. If you missed the monthly pictures, you can see all the cuteness here.
Here’s an update on our favorite little 15 month old, Andrew!
Weight: 12 kg // 26.5 lbs
Height: 79 cm // 31 in
Teeth: He has SO MANY. The canines and first molars have been in for a while.
Illnesses: He knocked out chickenpox and hand foot mouth disease already. Go baby!
- Every single fruit. He is an equal opportunity fruit devourer. Kiwis, blueberries, and strawberries are top of the top.
Least Favorite Food
- Parsnip. He will actually pick it out of food, even if it’s hidden.
- He stopped liking carrots for a minute. That was a big surprise, since they were a big hit for a while! That phase didn’t last long.
Countries Visited: 5, including several Christmas markets
- USA (Georgia, South Carolina, New York, Texas)
- Germany (Kehl, Frankfurt)
- Switzerland (Basel)
- We successfully got him on a consistent one-nap-per-day schedule. Big thanks to our daycare for helping us with that.
- Running around! He started walking just after his first birthday, and it wasn’t long before he was running everywhere.
- Decorating his first pumpkin at Halloween! He tried to eat the paint mostly, but the pumpkin still turned out very cute!
- Mastering the slide. It doesn’t matter if he’s sliding on his belly or walking up, it counts! He liked it so much that we had to get a mini slide for inside.
- Dancing! He loves when I turn on the music and we dance around the apartment together.
- Eating. He’s always been a good eater, so no surprise there!
- Playing with toys that have a rope or string and swinging them around so they (accidentally) become weapons. Ouch.
- Cuddling. We seriously have the cuddliest little baby ever, and that makes me one happy mama.
- Reading. It’s so sweet when he picks out a book and brings it to us to read! He especially loves his books that sing songs or play music.
- Copying us! Whether it’s mimicking sounds, following us around the apartment, or eating what we eat, he really tries to mimic and copy our movements. It’s adorable!
- Eating his books. Apparently cardboard books are ultra delicious.
What a fun few months it’s been.
Can’t wait to see what changes by 18 months!